PDA

View Full Version : state testing

ripmeidc
February 26th, 2011, 08:25 AM
I live in Pennsylvania, and here for state testing we have "PSSA's"
And since some are going for a new and improved ACB, I think this thread needs things that pertain to actual school.
So i know some of you are older and don't know what the fuck state testing is, but for those of you who do, opinions...
Do you hate it, or are you actually all for it...

Xon
February 27th, 2011, 06:33 PM
I have taken the SAT and ACT multiple times and honestly, it really helped me although I hated doing it at the time.... just saying, in the long run, worth it

ripmeidc
February 28th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Are they mandatory though?
In MA we have the option to take that. I didn't take the SAT, woo community college..

In PA they are mandatory and you have to have a passing score to graduate high school
For the math section, if you dont pass it, they have a class you can take to replace it,
and if you dont pass another section you have one other chance to take it, if you dont pass that time, your screwed

ripmeidc
February 28th, 2011, 02:25 PM
I have taken the SAT and ACT multiple times and honestly, it really helped me although I hated doing it at the time.... just saying, in the long run, worth it

I've taken the PSAT's
they SUCKEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
but it was nice to know what to expect for SATS and ACTS

xXcrockXx
April 4th, 2011, 02:40 AM
in melbourne we have VCE's. my school got the top in victoria, so i think if i stay here i will be prepared

KusKus
April 4th, 2011, 08:04 AM
ramble ramble

xXcrockXx
April 5th, 2011, 01:53 AM
who needs highschool?

someone who wants a high paying intellectual job in a modern western society.

but you can always drop out and join black water. the guys there are making 90 grand every six months just by disciplining troops and guarding contractors.

Legalize-It
April 5th, 2011, 05:41 AM
I don't even remember taking my SAT, I know I took it, but I kinda just half-assed it. I did study for my ACT a shitload though because I was in lockup for 2 months after I graduated and while everyone else went to school I had to study for the fucking ACT like 6 hours everyday for 2 months... Did pretty good on the test though.

Anyway, I really never cared about state testing, I think some of how funding is received based on test scores is pretty fucked up, but to tell the truth I never thought about it.
And kuskus is half right, many people I know dropped out of school got a ged and went to work(I live in wy so we have shitloads of labor work) are making 100k+ annually now...

j1h4dj3w
April 5th, 2011, 06:47 AM
someone who wants a high paying intellectual job in a modern western society.

but you can always drop out and join black water. the guys there are making 90 grand every six months just by disciplining troops and guarding contractors.

you obviously dont know shit about the private security sector. The company FORMERLY known as BlackWater, now Xe Industries, will only accept former special operations troops. Oh and "Xe" wont touch you without some college and combat experience. sooo good luck with that. pretty much every company in the private sector including the one im with will not touch you unless you have some college.

xXcrockXx
April 5th, 2011, 06:57 AM
you obviously dont know shit about the private security sector. The company FORMERLY known as BlackWater, now Xe Industries, will only accept former special operations troops. Oh and "Xe" wont touch you without some college and combat experience. sooo good luck with that. pretty much every company in the private sector including the one im with will not touch you unless you have some college.

what about uni? lol

and you don't need to go to college to join the army and move up to special ops. and correct me if im wrong, but last time i checked the requirements is eight years military experience and some spec ops training to join Xe, nothing about college.

also what company are you with?

j1h4dj3w
April 5th, 2011, 07:13 AM
what about uni? lol

and you don't need to go to college to join the army and move up to special ops. and correct me if im wrong, but last time i checked the requirements is eight years military experience and some spec ops training to join Xe, nothing about college.

also what company are you with?

the army requires these days that you have at least a bachelors degree in order to make it to a tier-1 or tier-2 team. pretty much any rank past e-5 you ould be behoved to have some college courses under your belt. the military dont give a shit if its basket weaving or taking a shit. they just want you to have a degree, however it is absolutley mandatory for officers to obtain college degrees as well. as for the company i work for, Black Diamond Security Group, LLC. (http://www.bdsecurity.com) After I worked for Xe for a year. if you want to just be a security guard, your right, no college required. If you wanna be an operator, and you dont have that college under your belt, your probably not getting the job. i can tell you are getting your info from a shitty source. i only did 6 years in the army, 2 combat tours, 1 tour at GITMO, and 6 months on the border. there is no minimum for years experience. there is only experience.

j1h4dj3w
April 5th, 2011, 07:26 AM
ok, being as i served in combat arms for 6 years to include 2 combat tours equalling 28 months, 1 tour at GITMO, and 1 tour of the Border, and having served with the Rangers, worked alongside some Special Operations soldiers, along with SEAL's and Marine Recon, along with the occasional run in with some Delta operators. i believe i have a slightly better handle on what the army actually requires of you to work with US Special Operations Command or US SOCOM. you wanna go anywhere in the army, you need college. the army doesnt tell you you HAVE to, but its implied. as for experience to work for Xe, after my first tour, in the Al-Anbar province of iraq, and only 3 years in the army, BW contacted me for a job. shows how good your references are. contrary to whatever you may believe, the US Military encourages Scholar Soldiers. thats why they pay for our education. 85% of US Armed forces are college graduates. Higher that any other military in the world.

j1h4dj3w
April 5th, 2011, 07:30 AM
and i work for Black Diamond Security Group, LLC. http://www.bdsecurity.com

j1h4dj3w
April 5th, 2011, 07:34 AM
sorry, i forgot to add what company i work for. it is Black Diamond Security Group, LLC. Http://www.bdsecurity.com

Xon
April 5th, 2011, 11:08 AM
ok, being as i served in combat arms for 6 years to include 2 combat tours equalling 28 months, 1 tour at GITMO, and 1 tour of the Border, and having served with the Rangers, worked alongside some Special Operations soldiers, along with SEAL's and Marine Recon, along with the occasional run in with some Delta operators. i believe i have a slightly better handle on what the army actually requires of you to work with US Special Operations Command or US SOCOM. you wanna go anywhere in the army, you need college. the army doesnt tell you you HAVE to, but its implied. as for experience to work for Xe, after my first tour, in the Al-Anbar province of iraq, and only 3 years in the army, BW contacted me for a job. shows how good your references are. contrary to whatever you may believe, the US Military encourages Scholar Soldiers. thats why they pay for our education. 85% of US Armed forces are college graduates. Higher that any other military in the world.

Proof or STFU.

xXcrockXx
April 6th, 2011, 02:32 AM

i also read that 85 % are from working class backgrounds.

if you were with the rangers, what were you doing with the SEALS? and, if you were the rangers, you would have been a special operation soldier, not alongside.

i was never taking shots at you, i was just curious. and my source is from yahoo answers.

also, as xon said, proof or GTFO

AnarchyUnleashed
April 16th, 2011, 08:57 PM
I rather like them, but they could be a bit tougher. Their are already to many idiots in public schools...