PDA

View Full Version : Invasion of Privacy

pyrex
January 22nd, 2010, 04:06 PM
Today I found out that my school has a government and facebook approved sofware to monitor my facebook account including the chat history. My friend was confronted today by a member of staff about something personel which he had chatted to a friend about on facebook. This software is used to 'prevent bodily harm' and terrorism, etc. The supposed reason that they are monitoring my friend is because he previously created a hate group about the school. But surely what they have done is invasion of privacy. And what is stopping them from monitoring mine or anybody elses!? What should I do?

pyrex
January 22nd, 2010, 07:00 PM
My point is not that they could see our facebook but that they could see history of private chats between friends. And surely to use that to find out things about you and then confront you about it in school to try and humiliate you is invasion of privacy. A member of staff said to my friend ' ive heard youve got erectile disorder'. the only person he told was a guy on his facebook chat. So its fucking bullshit they have no right to do that!

gheox
January 23rd, 2010, 03:42 AM
i would be fucking mad , good thing i don t live in us

pyrex
January 23rd, 2010, 02:00 PM
i would be fucking mad , good thing i don t live in us

This is in UK mate

Warpurlgis
January 23rd, 2010, 03:46 PM
They have every right to. Things like Facebook are social networking and there for treated as a public thing. If they got into your email I would call that invasion, but to simply check what your saying on social networks is comparably like a teacher listening to conversation in the hall.

The best I can tell you is to watch what you put online. No pictures of illegal activities. Watch what you post. You should be good. If your dumb enough to post something you wouldn't be proud of later then don't post it. All your future employers look at this and you might not get or lose a job if they find something.

The internet isn't private, don't be so naive to think it is.

pyrex
January 23rd, 2010, 03:49 PM
They have access to the history of the private chat service on facebook aswell though which i cant even access.. they can only access it because they have this special sofware. And yes they can also get into email and view msn chat history.

gheox
January 24th, 2010, 02:31 AM
They have every right to. Things like Facebook are social networking and there for treated as a public thing. If they got into your email I would call that invasion, but to simply check what your saying on social networks is comparably like a teacher listening to conversation in the hall.

shoot yourself
lol good thing i don t live in the UK or us

KusKus
January 24th, 2010, 08:03 AM
yes if you go to public school
they gave up their rights
so the gov can do anything they want
and b/c you signed term of use (or somthin)
you gave up your rights

like a police with a warrent
they can invade if they want

but try some thing like foxyproxy to hide your ip
or google info about the program

you can fuck around with them

oh another thing
if your under 18 or in highschool or lower
WE ARE SLAVES
its very true

can you make another facebook as a fake name?
or another email?

hdeuce
January 24th, 2010, 12:30 PM
I recommend bomb first ask questions later.

pyrex
January 24th, 2010, 03:42 PM
I recommend bomb first ask questions later.

I agree lol.. eh, fuck it their all bastards

KrissyMarie
January 24th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Uhm, it's Facebook. Someone is taking that was said ON FACEBOOK seriously?

J Fizzle
January 24th, 2010, 07:37 PM
its a total violation of human rights
we have the right to privacy

KrissyMarie
January 24th, 2010, 07:52 PM
its a total violation of human rights
we have the right to privacy

Thi is true. I mean, if the premesis on legalizing abortion is that it is an invasion of a woman's privacy, why can't someone have a chat on Facebook?

I mean, it would be different if it were Wall posts or comments, but it is via Faceboo Chatbox, that's ridiculous.

What are kids supposed to do? Keep all of that anger inside until they burst into the school with AKs?

J Fizzle
January 24th, 2010, 08:08 PM
what they are doing right now can result into a more rebellious youth

gheox
January 25th, 2010, 04:37 AM
beat the bastards

duracell bunny
January 25th, 2010, 01:54 PM
if they monitor while your at school it is well within their rights as it is their bandwidth but if they see what you did at home that is invasion of privacy

J Fizzle
January 25th, 2010, 05:35 PM
where do you usually open your facebook in the first place?

Strife
January 26th, 2010, 11:13 PM
Im on a laptop they have given us at home via my internet.

J Fizzle
January 26th, 2010, 11:44 PM
maybe one of your friends in facebook is their spy.

duracell bunny
January 27th, 2010, 11:32 AM
k so just get a different computer as they have a keylogger. i fucking hope you arent on ACB on their laptop as they would step up their security. simple enough? no? well go out of your house into a computer shop with a coupla hundred monies and buy with the cash a new computer.

TotalAnarchyUK
January 27th, 2010, 12:02 PM
The answer is much simpler than buying another laptop or desktop. If FB chat is being monitered then dont fucking use it. Just talk, you know, with your mouth.

pyrex
January 27th, 2010, 02:45 PM
if they monitor while your at school it is well within their rights as it is their bandwidth but if they see what you did at home that is invasion of privacy

They can still check it when i'm at home.. Seriosly theyre fucking wankers.. I've got a friend whos gunna hack em and fuck up their program now so its all good

i_club_midgets
January 27th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Today I found out that my school has a government and facebook approved sofware to monitor my facebook account including the chat history. My friend was confronted today by a member of staff about something personel which he had chatted to a friend about on facebook. This software is used to 'prevent bodily harm' and terrorism, etc. The supposed reason that they are monitoring my friend is because he previously created a hate group about the school. But surely what they have done is invasion of privacy. And what is stopping them from monitoring mine or anybody elses!? What should I do?

It's his fault for having a Facebook. What the fuck ever happened to calling somebody up and plotting against people, or the school, on the phone. And no I don't want you to text me because I'm too damn lazy to delete any incriminating evidence.

J Fizzle
January 27th, 2010, 07:57 PM
i suggest you make a new facebook account

AnarchyUnleashed
January 27th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Make an new e-mail and use it.
Your friend too.

J Fizzle
January 27th, 2010, 08:41 PM
i'm not so into facebook really

Strife
January 27th, 2010, 11:19 PM
I'm not worried about the FBI...
And yes, school would prob freak if they knew i was on. but im not worried.
Im not talking about anything i shouldn't? On here?

J Fizzle
January 28th, 2010, 12:00 AM
kill all sons of bitches if they mess up with you again

marcraft
January 28th, 2010, 07:27 AM
PGP , or if they have keylogged you, talk in code. codes are easy to make (just use references to generic things that you and your friend would understand.) after all your not trying to fool the FBI, just your principle.

J Fizzle
January 28th, 2010, 07:03 PM
in your principal is not as bright a the FBI. it won't be too hard

Strife
January 28th, 2010, 09:59 PM
How would you know if your keylogged?

hdeuce
January 29th, 2010, 11:59 PM
You run a security program that finds keyloggers.

Warpurlgis
January 30th, 2010, 02:28 PM
The FBI has key loggers that you can't find as easily as running a program to find them.

hdeuce
January 30th, 2010, 03:23 PM
well thats only because the security programs made to look for keyloggers dont find those specific programs. It's like a computer virus, norton cant protect against it until it knows it exists, then it will find and quarantine it. FBI doesnt give norton its keyloggers so that norton can quarantine them fore you. However if you take a keylogger, and you run a program that searches your computer for program capabilities, looking for a program with the ability to log key's as your typing, a program that is intercepting and rcording the keys you type, that program will find the FBI keylogger, you need to have a program to defend against program types, rather than specific programs.

Warpurlgis
January 30th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Wouldn't you think the FBI has deals with virus companies to not have their software detect their keyloggers and other programs. Norton hahahaha that shit sucks, if you have Norton I pity you, get some Avast.

J Fizzle
January 31st, 2010, 07:45 PM
i also hate avira

Kusti
December 17th, 2010, 02:58 AM
spy on teachers (using keylohgger) find some embarasing stuf and bring it to daylight !!!

amdnistrator
December 20th, 2010, 04:06 PM
http://images2.memegenerator.net/Pretentious-Philosoraptor/ImageMacro/3484451/MediumThumbnail.jpg?instanceText=OP-is-clearly-Faggot

anarchyrox
December 20th, 2010, 05:08 PM
The government should not regulate the internet! There is already way too damn much regulation of the internet by private companies. The internet should remain a place for free and uncensored speech.

Glenda
December 20th, 2010, 05:12 PM
What is an OP and why is a dinosaur saying that?

Glenda
December 20th, 2010, 05:13 PM
the goverment should regulate the internet

Why don't they already?
I have been on this site for all of 1 minuet and I am scared, are you terrorists or something?

GlenBeck
December 20th, 2010, 05:22 PM
No ma'am, most of these people on here are scared little kids and just need a little attention and corrective rules to help them in their life.

Oh, by corrective rules I mean military school

You_Mad?
December 20th, 2010, 05:57 PM
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100523212231/halofanon/images/6/6e/Troll_Face_small.png

xXcrockXx
January 10th, 2011, 05:35 PM

The best I can tell you is to watch what you put online. No pictures of illegal activities. Watch what you post. You should be good. If your dumb enough to post something you wouldn't be proud of later then don't post it. All your future employers look at this and you might not get or lose a job if they find something.

The internet isn't private, don't be so naive to think it is.

facebook and msn have private chats that only you and the person you were talking to can view. however, i believe he is saying with this software they can see our chat and violate the whole idea of private chat.

xXcrockXx
January 10th, 2011, 05:43 PM
i suggest you hack them, or keylogg them.