PDA

View Full Version : Advice for Dealing with parents

BaritoneDude
November 30th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Though the title may not place this as belonging in the school section, it does pertain to it.

I am a sophomore in college. I am unhappy and am in danger of having to drop out but I'm not concerned with that. I am instead concerned that my parents may attempt to force me to stay, even though I have no motivation whatsoever. I've tried it all. I forced myself to work but after a while I couldn't force myself anymore. I tried scaring myself, but I grew immune to that as well.

Any suggestions/statistics/general comments on this. I'm looking to form a logical argument and already have a bit of direction.

1. I am not happy at my college. I go to a liberal arts college, and while I enjoy knowing my professors, I don't enjoy all the requirements that come with a liberal arts school.
2. Even if I drop out now, I can still go back later. I mean seriously, how many commercials are there nowadays for non-traditional colleges?
3. The passion I have for games and sci-fi books isn't the same passion required to do my homework (My parents seem to think that there is no difference and I can apply the love I have for an epic story, like in Mass Effect/Half Life 2 to schoolwork).

Any help would be much appreciated.

notawoman
November 30th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Maybe you have ADD like me? Can't hurt to look into it. Adderall helped me alot as far as paying attention. But if its more of a motivational thing, maybe you can try pursuing something else.

TotalAnarchyUK
November 30th, 2009, 05:23 PM
You came to the wrong site for advice with your parents. I suggest you shoot them in the head.

Hall_hall
November 30th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Maybe see the advice of an adult outside of your parents?

EmbrExcell
November 30th, 2009, 10:20 PM
1. Resort to nihilism when it comes to people who assume they have authority over you. Agree with everything they say and refuse to argue. In fact, don't even refuse to argue, just act like you're giving up on talking with them and then agree with what they say about it. This is sure to enrage them and then they'll probably just leave. Or beat you, which is good too.

2. Tell your parents that they have no influence over your life and that you don;t value them as family member anymore.

3. Leave collage and learn to fly a plane because flying planes is kickass and that's what I'm going to do when I become a real Hitler.

V for vermicelli
December 1st, 2009, 08:19 AM
I also have an idea

before shooting your parents, burn your college down.

ztupid666
December 1st, 2009, 11:06 AM
parents are easy even when your out and doing your own thing you can tell them to go get bent and that you are looking into other options. like go be a game tester some were. they make enogh you can stay at an apartment and work from home it is easy as hell and way fun. fuck your parent it your life if you fuck up it your fault not theres. also if shit goes to bad steal a bunch of shit from your school and move somewhere else.

kevinthepyro
December 1st, 2009, 02:22 PM
If you like video games, go to a college where you can get a degree for making games.