PDA

View Full Version : Gpa

ripmeidc
July 4th, 2009, 11:44 PM
Alright I'm an upcoming sophomore and I'm just trying to "plan ahead" so i was wondering what is a decent GPA to have to get into a good college?

deathlord888
July 5th, 2009, 12:14 AM
4.0 for good and 3.0 for decent, or so i have heard

TriggerHappyTV
July 5th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Matters what u consider good ivey u need 4. and some great other shit 3.5 is rly what ur gunning for. Alot of kids have 4. now and days so its pretty hard to get a good spot.

ripmeidc
July 6th, 2009, 12:54 PM
i'm looking a standard state college not something too big but something good for education,and i'm also looking into technical school to start out, GPA for those?

oracle
July 11th, 2009, 03:20 PM
school fuckin sucks

crazyassmetalhead
July 12th, 2009, 01:32 AM
technical school or a community college it really doesn't matter.

most of them only give a fuck about their entance test scores, if that.

i would advise going no lower than a 2.0............but that's what i needed to graduate so i had incentive (had like a 2.4 pretty much doing absolutely nothing throughout high school......even with a few advanced classes).

but ya school fucking sucks, i'd reccommend dropping out but no way in hell you'll be able to get a job or anything afterwards these days. can't even join the marines with a straight up g.e.d, you need college credits and shit now too.

so ya stay in school kids, but be advised that they are teaching you a bunch of useless shit

trade school for what, btw?

ripmeidc
July 12th, 2009, 06:54 PM
culinary arts....or art school

Hebrow
July 14th, 2009, 12:08 AM
GPA gets your foot in the door, but all the extra curricular things really help you stand up.

Community service and anything Government related is solid gold, like ROTC or Junior Politics.

michigandalf
July 20th, 2009, 08:42 PM
I always forget how different things are in other states. I live in Arizona where the major universities are ASU and U of A. Either are tremedously easy (ASU moreso than U of A) to get into. College isn't as hard to get into as people think it is, if you apply the right places. Go to Evergreen or something where they don't care about your GPA

ripmeidc
July 26th, 2009, 09:33 PM
im thinking about key club....hence [community service] am i going in the right direction there?

pissed_drunk666
July 31st, 2009, 01:30 AM
hahaha
a bit of advice
drop out
hahaha
but naw Im guessing it's a 3.0 or higher to get into a good college

HKC114
July 31st, 2009, 01:31 AM
im a senior right now and mine is a 4.3 right now but to get into a good college have atleast a 3.3 or higher

jadler
July 31st, 2009, 11:04 PM
I had a GPA of like 2 and an SAT of 1750 and got into Purdue no problem. 100% ride on free pell grants. woot!

Warpurlgis
August 1st, 2009, 10:28 PM
Alright I'm an upcoming sophomore and I'm just trying to "plan ahead" so i was wondering what is a decent GPA to have to get into a good college?

Lol Jade are school is changing to QPA I'm not even sure wtf the point of changing is but w/e

ripmeidc
August 2nd, 2009, 08:25 AM
i know. its retarded

CriminalAnarchist
August 16th, 2009, 06:04 PM
states schools 3.5 and up...art school 2.5-3.0...like my teacher says if u wanna get into a community college u gotta be able to fog up a mirror...but art schools care more about ur talent then ur smarts, so make sure u have a portfolio, reel, or whatever ready to send in...the key club i know of is a rip off they charge u money to b a volunteer for things...

ripmeidc
August 16th, 2009, 08:05 PM
frick...what over things could i sign up for?

CriminalAnarchist
August 16th, 2009, 08:14 PM
national honor society, clubs that interest you and are relevent to your future plans, or just go to a hospital or a homeless shelter volunteer and tell ur counsler about it

ripmeidc
August 16th, 2009, 08:19 PM
hmmmmmm thank you