PDA

View Full Version : Rights?

katt
May 30th, 2009, 01:55 AM
Are teachers (in California public high schools) allowed to limit what you write on papers/binders, especially on things that you're not turning in, and never particularly wanted them to read?

Platyp
May 30th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Yes. There was a ruling by the Supreme Court not too long ago that said that students on school property or under school supervision have no basic Constitutional rights. They thought it was best that way. What you write falls under Freedom of Speech. You don't have it.

deathlord888
May 30th, 2009, 05:33 PM
ya you cant write whatever but who cares your only there max 6 hours a day so QQ

katt
May 30th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Yes. There was a ruling by the Supreme Court not too long ago that said that students on school property or under school supervision have no basic Constitutional rights. They thought it was best that way. What you write falls under Freedom of Speech. You don't have it.

This annoys me to no end, especially as I live in what's probably one of the most liberal towns in the U.S.

Also, I regularly am at school from 6 to 6. It sucks.

Maggotsfriend
May 30th, 2009, 07:50 PM
They should still be able to beat you.

deathlord888
May 30th, 2009, 08:26 PM
They should still be able to beat you.

i agree if i was a teacher i would of snapped by now

Dr Cantaloupe
May 30th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Last year my friend Hunter was kicked out of school for drawing a sword on his binder. His future destroyed over a shitty looking picture.

katt
May 30th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Last year my friend Hunter was kicked out of school for drawing a sword on his binder. His future destroyed over a shitty looking picture.

That's a bit extreme...

Dr Cantaloupe
May 30th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Babe I live in south Texas. If they ain't controlling you then the system ain't workin.

katt
May 30th, 2009, 09:00 PM
And I live here:
http://encyclopediadramatica.com/San_Francisco
Emphasis on the East Bay section.

Maggotsfriend
May 30th, 2009, 09:02 PM
Yea and whos fault was that? His, but it is still a bit over the top, once you've been through school you kinda wish that the teachers did have the right to hit you cause you just look around at all the fuckwits.

Dr Cantaloupe
May 30th, 2009, 09:02 PM
Hahaha you may have me beat

Maggotsfriend
May 30th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Well when I was a kid I had my arse kicked ever day by my old man at the time I resented him so much but now I look at some of my mates who have respect issues and are real difficult people, would I take it back? No.

deathlord888
May 30th, 2009, 09:27 PM
ya if i lipped off to my dad bad i would get a punch in the face. and if i flipped off to a teacher and he found out it would be even worse. so what do i do? obviously not lip off, that solved the problem

Maggotsfriend
May 30th, 2009, 09:30 PM
And the moral of the story is follow the rules till you can make your own.

Or come to school with an AK and blast everyone.

Platyp
May 31st, 2009, 09:02 PM
ya you cant write whatever but who cares your only there max 6 hours a day so QQ

Not so. I've been in school for up to fifteen hours working on some projects of mine. The essence of the problem is the "Who cares" attitude towards the issue. YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS IN A SCHOOL. Doesn't that sort of set off an alarm of some kind?

katt
May 31st, 2009, 09:26 PM
Not so. I've been in school for up to fifteen hours working on some projects of mine. The essence of the problem is the "Who cares" attitude towards the issue. YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS IN A SCHOOL. Doesn't that sort of set off an alarm of some kind?

It does set off an alarm, but I have to learn more about an issue, before I argue about it, or try to change something.

Dr Cantaloupe
May 31st, 2009, 10:50 PM
The school system just makes it to where the students don't have as many rights, or at least limits them, simply to make the students easier to control and handle. If every student had the same rights as in public there would be no real authority in the administration. I'm not saying I support the taking away of rights, i'm just saying from an authoritarian stand point it makes sense.

Maggotsfriend
June 1st, 2009, 05:30 AM
Once your out of school you'll understand.

Raist
June 2nd, 2009, 01:51 AM
You have rights in school, here is how it breaks down. You are allowed to do whatever you want, but while you are on school property they can punish you for whatever they want because they are not part of the government. Therefore the constitution doesn't apply to them. You can say whatever you want in a school with no legal repercussions, but the school can still punish you for it.

It's just like at home, you may have the constitutional right to say "fuck you mom" but that doesn't mean your dad isn't going to hit you upside the head for it.

Tarasen
August 7th, 2009, 06:54 AM
Well when I was a kid I had my arse kicked ever day by my old man at the time I resented him so much but now I look at some of my mates who have respect issues and are real difficult people, would I take it back? No.

That's the sort of life I wish for.
At the current time, I have a mother who is afraid to discipline her children for some unknown reason, a father who is with a new women every month, a sister who drinks, brings home the cops to my mother, and me, a kid who starts fight clubs and supports violence to the bitter end.
You know why?
No corporal punishment.
Back in the day, there were bamboo sticks for every minor infringement, and there weren't people complaining about how "Kids never respect authority" back then.
There were people governing this world in a proper and logical way, by promoting technological advancements, not finding the next wealthy second world country to wage war on.
Now what do we have? Women complaining about rights, Niggers complaining about rights, and kids contemplating suicide because they lost their boyfriend/girlfriend of 3 weeks and weren't raised in a proper environment before that. Back in the day, people weren't told their rights until they became an adult, at least not all of them.
Now we have everybody complaining about the unethical treatment that they suffered while under this stupid rule, and I agree with them, in a different context however, they weren't treated ethically, because it sucks to be them when our society collapses in on itself after the White men who ruled this world killed themselves rather than suffer the incessant nagging of the women of their generation, the niggers of their generation, the men of the next generation, the women of the next generation and the niggers of the next generation.
There was too much corporal punishment during the black generation, either that, or they just have a racial commitment to whining, I know women do., hell back in the day people used to hit their wives, and they never used to worry about their civil rights, the same goes for kids.
I only hope Obama can correct the system, and not make it worse, I have faith in that nigger.
And to all the self-righteous niggers out there that are gonna complain about how I am insensitive and shallow, and will never understand what they went through.
It's pretty fuckin hard not to understand what you went through after all the complaining you did back in the 50's and 60's that we have to learn about now in our all-white history classes, you wanna know why it's all white? cos all the niggers that would otherwise be in it, were out smoking or stealing, and I know for a fact that that's what they did, there is only 4 niggers in my year level, 1 was in another class and actually cared about her education and for that I commend her, 2 were out actually smoking and got caught, and the last one was in another class, failing.
We did an entire semester on Civil rights, and after all that, I did feel a little sorry for you after all the shit you tried to fight, but then i realised that all the ones that are still fighting for civil rights are making something out of themselves and the rest are still complaining and still collecting welfare checks, so they can kick off their drug-selling economy.
Cruel world, ain't it.

Hebrow
August 8th, 2009, 06:41 AM
That was possibly one of the most eloquent speech that involved blatant racism and sexism.

C'mon, a genetic disposition to complaining? That's just cruely misled and completely over-generalized.

That's like, a basic FLAW in reason, it's comparable to a hyperbole man, just because one black man is smoking a doobie doesn't mean that every African American you see is getting stoned every friday after community college.

"There were people governing this world in a proper and logical way, by promoting technological advancements, not finding the next wealthy second world country to wage war on.
Now what do we have? Women complaining about rights, N*ggers complaining about rights, and kids contemplating suicide because they lost their boyfriend/girlfriend of 3 weeks and weren't raised in a proper environment before that. Back in the day, people weren't told their rights until they became an adult, at least not all of them."

And how did we jump from, our leaders are obsessed with invading third world countries, to, we need to beat our children more, to being raised in a proper environement?

Biggotry in any way shape or form is completely stupid, I spent a month and a half in a reform camp, my cabin was me, 6 cholos and one other lil' white kid.

God man, by the end of that experience, there was no way shape of form I could say "spic" without hating myself, just because I could see things from a slightly more jaundiced eye.

Tarasen
August 9th, 2009, 05:34 AM
To each his own, I don't really want to get into an argument that will probably change my perspective on the subject. You see, I like being able to say "Spic" and "Nigger" without hating myself.

CriminalAnarchist
August 16th, 2009, 05:16 PM
my school did binder checks and random searches. then if they found something illegal you got arrested and they confiscated all electronics till the end of the year.

katt
August 18th, 2009, 10:07 PM
my school did binder checks and random searches. then if they found something illegal you got arrested and they confiscated all electronics till the end of the year.

If they did that at my school, 98% of the kids would be arrested for having drugs and alchohol on them, and the rest that weren't arrested would probably protest about the electronics, and this is a school with ~3,500 people...

CriminalAnarchist
August 19th, 2009, 11:47 AM
i have more and they ddnt need to get searched to get caught 'cause most of them light up and started smoking theyre shit in class...its really funny they think they won't get caught because they have their hoods low on theyre face but its obvious...my school doesnt care about student conserns..they didnt let us where our sashes or cords or even pins that we earn at our graduation..because they didnt want to make the other kids feel left out....its ok the ceremony was still fun there were beach balls invovled :D

katt
August 19th, 2009, 01:53 PM
I think the last time I had someone try to light up in class was in like...eigth grade...They've gotten a bit smarter since then.

Lord Midol
August 19th, 2009, 02:50 PM
That's the sort of life I wish for.
At the current time, I have a mother who is afraid to discipline her children for some unknown reason, a father who is with a new women every month, a sister who drinks, brings home the cops to my mother, and me, a kid who starts fight clubs and supports violence to the bitter end.
You know why?
No corporal punishment.
Cruel world, ain't it.

Nah mate, attitude problem. Nothing to do with corporal punishment at all.

It's some kind of weird rebelleous attitude... you think it makes you look tough. I am seeing it is fairly common on here. I wonder if people like you realise that no one is impressed? Seriously, we're not.

Granz
August 25th, 2009, 11:34 PM
Nah mate, attitude problem. Nothing to do with corporal punishment at all.

It's some kind of weird rebelleous attitude... you think it makes you look tough. I am seeing it is fairly common on here. I wonder if people like you realise that no one is impressed? Seriously, we're not.

It's more of a statement of insecurity.
It's the small ones that always have something prove.

No one can be this bitter with out having a predisposition developed in childhood. He'll change. You'll see.:)