PDA

View Full Version : Darwin's Catholic happy fun time

Dr Cantaloupe
May 28th, 2009, 09:38 PM
I heard a story that on Charles Darwin's deathbed he issued an apology to the Catholic church in regard to his theories of evolution. Does this story hold any ground?

crazyassmetalhead
May 28th, 2009, 09:48 PM
i heard it brought up in a bunch of arguments on the religion debate thread which died....

i think it's true but then again i don't give enough of a shit to look it up for sure

Dr Cantaloupe
May 28th, 2009, 10:08 PM
I think it would be funny but I don't think he would of done that. It would rid himself of evolution which would jeapordize his whole scientific theory.

crazyassmetalhead
May 28th, 2009, 10:11 PM
that's why the people arguing for christianity on that thread were using it as evidence....trying to disprove evolution and such

silly

Deetinator
May 28th, 2009, 10:27 PM
Creationist here, and from my sources it's pretty much fabricated. Read for yourself:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/2009/03/31/darwins-deathbed-conversion-legend

Not saying it's totally fake, but there isn't much evidence, so it should not be used in arguments, even though, strangely, both sides seem to accept it without question.

crazyassmetalhead
May 28th, 2009, 10:47 PM
he could have fisted a monkey on his deathbed and it wouldn't have affected his life's work, that's why both sides accept the other story......it's irrelevant.

Deetinator
May 28th, 2009, 10:52 PM
Very true. Whether or not it's true wouldn't change whatever happened and how everyone thinks of it today.