PDA

View Full Version : Stealing from bestbuy?

DarkPortrait
May 6th, 2009, 08:08 PM
hello and i haven't really posted here but i got a few questions!

1) there are some display items at the best buy i sometimes visit, and was wondering how in the hell i can steal it.. the description is as: its a Black cable (plastic) that leads down a hole, that on the back of display items has a box that its connected to, the connector looks almost like a rj45 but smaller! what system is this and how can i steal from it

2) will my idea work? first i though i can tape down the black wire because it seems to be a recoil system? and then place a item beside me to block the view of other people then cut the cable and replace the display item with a identical fake "shell" that are usually used so it looks like i never stole the item

3) are there any sirens because i plan on buying something in case of the EAS system

any tips or help i can use?

EDIT: if it helps i may be able to take pics!

drsteeze
May 6th, 2009, 11:12 PM
usually if you mess with that box a siren goes off

lem0nz4all
May 8th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Bestbuy is one of the hardest places to steal from isnt it?

DarkPortrait
May 8th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Bestbuy is one of the hardest places to steal from isnt it?

havent tried YET..so i wouldnt know.. if i can get the info i might and let people know how easy it was!

in theory it would seem easy, and also there are less cameras then futureshop.

lem0nz4all
May 8th, 2009, 10:18 PM
I just never heard of anyone stealing something from there successfully where I live, except maybe a pair of earphones or something small like that.

DarkPortrait
May 9th, 2009, 11:35 AM
I just never heard of anyone stealing something from there successfully where I live, except maybe a pair of earphones or something small like that.

up here in Canada my mates used to get good shit every once in awhile but he never told me how in the fuck he did it... but your right i think... it is hard...

futureshop is harder but this bestbuy is kinda lacking security so if i CAN get away with cutting the cord because it seems like recoil alarm i would post exactly how i did it and people can find more ways

drsteeze
May 9th, 2009, 01:27 PM
its deff a hard place to steal from, i mean ive taken from target and stuff like that dozens of times but bestbuy is a no go for me

DarkPortrait
May 9th, 2009, 03:34 PM
its deff a hard place to steal from, i mean ive taken from target and stuff like that dozens of times but bestbuy is a no go for me

man im tired of those places becuase its not challenging... but if you know were or how at walmart to score some real shit lemme know...

... my play looks great on paper but... field work...

drsteeze
May 9th, 2009, 06:47 PM
are you kidding? walmart is easy

DarkPortrait
May 9th, 2009, 07:00 PM
are you kidding? walmart is easy

shit i typed the wrong words :/ i meant how to get shit worth while there like itouchs and zunes? becuase walmart is toooooo easy and want more shit worth while not some cruddy movies and shit!

vmeagle2
May 24th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Are you interested in games dark?

LNT-5265F
May 24th, 2009, 11:08 PM
hello and i haven't really posted here but i got a few questions!

1) there are some display items at the best buy i sometimes visit, and was wondering how in the hell i can steal it.. the description is as: its a Black cable (plastic) that leads down a hole, that on the back of display items has a box that its connected to, the connector looks almost like a rj45 but smaller! what system is this and how can i steal from it

2) will my idea work? first i though i can tape down the black wire because it seems to be a recoil system? and then place a item beside me to block the view of other people then cut the cable and replace the display item with a identical fake "shell" that are usually used so it looks like i never stole the item

3) are there any sirens because i plan on buying something in case of the EAS system

any tips or help i can use?

EDIT: if it helps i may be able to take pics!

lol your retarded, give up. there's no way around those things, and yes a very loud and annoying alarm will go off if you try to jack it. despite all that, best buy has specific employees watching cameras at all times

DarkPortrait
June 10th, 2009, 07:32 PM
lol your retarded, give up. there's no way around those things, and yes a very loud and annoying alarm will go off if you try to jack it. despite all that, best buy has specific employees watching cameras at all times

uhhh.. i know the scenario... there is one employee watching the camera's witch i can see him in plain VIEW... also that there are no cameras in the vicinity of the mp3/itouchs plus i do know now that this is run on a recoil system so it is very simple to do so now! thxs though for the supportive advice!

DarkPortrait
June 10th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Are you interested in games dark?

lol sure! of coarse i am intrested!

Paranoid Jesus
August 5th, 2009, 01:22 PM
R u talking about those spider wraps around things like graphics cards?

freerider
November 13th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Best Buy is in fact one of the easiest places to steal from. At least where I live, Pittsburgh, there is no need to steal the displays, because they keep the camera boxes right under the displays with no locks. You can take the package to the back of the store or in the bathroom under your shirt, and open it to take the item. Be careful though, because they sneak magnetic strips into the battery compartment of the cameras to make the sensors catch you. Headphones from there are as easy as going down an isle without people in it and opening the packaging by just unfolding it.

tstirling22
November 29th, 2009, 06:59 AM
Bestbuy is easy, just take it to the bathroom

hawkeye4077
January 21st, 2010, 11:01 PM
Best Buy is in fact one of the easiest places to steal from. At least where I live, Pittsburgh, there is no need to steal the displays, because they keep the camera boxes right under the displays with no locks. You can take the package to the back of the store or in the bathroom under your shirt, and open it to take the item. Be careful though, because they sneak magnetic strips into the battery compartment of the cameras to make the sensors catch you. Headphones from there are as easy as going down an isle without people in it and opening the packaging by just unfolding it.

is this the century three best buy? wouldnt mind paying them a visit next time im at the mall if its worth my while...

surfinsk8r
February 2nd, 2010, 12:24 AM
This information is just for those curious...not for those who actually steal.

To steal displays from best buy is difficult and not difficult at the same time, it simply takes two people.

i'll use the gps systems for example.
have person A rip the gps off, and quickly put a piece of black tape over the now exposed hole under where the gps was, and stick the gps back on and leave the store.
person B, an hour later, walks up to gps, rip it off, no alarm.

the reason this works is simple, those systems detect light. when the gps is removed, light hits the sensor and the alarm goes off. most of the time there is a red light shining from the whole where the sensor is, its very hard to miss.

as far as the "spider wraps" go, the wire systems that are wrapped around merchandise, all it takes is two pencil eraser sized magnets placed about an inch apart to remove the alarm. simply put the magnets there and pull on the spider wrap and it will come apart. Basically you are just simulating the key that employees use to remove them.

Other than that, those pink stickers they hand out at the door, if you get one poorly put on or otherwise removable from your purchased merchandise, simply put it on non-purchased merchandise and walk out. they can't and won't say anything if you show them the sticker.

I will warn you that best buy security can be very tight depending on the location. They constantly monitor movable cameras that cover the entire store, and everything is permanently recorded.

This information is just for those curious...not for those who actually steal.