PDA

View Full Version : my essay on religion

Dr_gonzo33
November 18th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Ok, what is religion? having faith in a theory of creation? im sorry but i dont follow it. polytheistic religions are just crap. there are no gods of water air or thunder or anything like that. then for the monotheistic religions i think they are a litlle more feasible. i mean if you look at it, judaism was the start, old testiment. it explained the begining, then there was christianity, mostly new testiment. it explained how we are saved and what will become of us. then theres islam, same god but although it has a different ending. whats funny is these 3 religions in particular are builiding off of each other in that order. and heres whats funny they were all created by a different culture of people. and why is it every different culture in this world has a different religion? thats a good question, maybe its just and answer to the human wonder of creation? maybe its the answer we all like to use for the most powerful question of all....Why? and im gonna start with judaism. it talks about the begining and how god created the world and humans so they could worship him, but what i dont understand is what was before god had this great idea? was it just an abyss of nothingness with this guy called god just floating around or what i dont understand that. and then how would there be any recalection of this event? it happend before history. and if you account dinosaurs into the picture then it just doesnt add up. then theres Christianity, with this savior figure Jesus. aparently he is the son of god and was sent to save us from eternal damnation. but heres the thing, i know that the area which jesus romed was not the only culture of people there were the chinese and who knows what North america was up to. i mean if people are supposed to accept the lord Christ as our savior then dont you think he is gonna want everyone in the world to know about him? and dont you think he would do everything in his power to do so? it just doesnt add up. And last but not least, Islam. this one is particularly interresteing because this guy named mohammed had a vision saying he shall spread the word of allah ( which is another name for the same god as the christians and Jews). so along comes this guy saying that he is the last prophet, and that christ was not the savior. but the jews are still expecting a savior, the christians already have one and the muslims dont think there is one. hmmph same god, but way different takes. but then theres this fallen angel whom all of these semetic religions like to identify as satan. aparrently he is the cause of everything thing evil in this world. but doesnt this just follow the guide lines of a typical human story? i mean what does many stories have as a base? Protaganist vs. Antagonist. now why would god alow one of his angels to turn on him? wouldnt he be able to stop him and punish him for his actions? but nope its almost as if god wanted there to be evil and not to mention the most ironic part of religion is that they all teach peace and love, yet there are so many conflicts and "holy wars" over which religion is true. now with this im not trying to turn you atheist, im just trying to make you think about what you realy believe. because i realy like the bible i think it is a good book with good moral standards and metaphors. but i just dont believe in the creation theory, i think life is just a maraculous anomoly in which was created by a series of events which led to the formation of matter. but that is just what i believe

superflysuperwhite
November 19th, 2008, 08:42 AM
was this for school because if it was then..... yeah, thatd probably get you a D

but from the very first sentence i could tell where this was going.

"Ok, what is religion? having faith in a theory of creation? im sorry but i dont follow it."

no, thats not what religion is, that's part of SOME religions but really isn't a focal point for most.

freetibet
December 14th, 2008, 03:31 AM
How old are you? because if you're in high school... well then i'm just sorry

Dr_gonzo33
December 14th, 2008, 10:33 PM
ok, this isnt the original format i just typed the basic ideas cuz i didnt feel like typing the whole thing just for this site

dbpeege
June 4th, 2009, 08:20 PM
ok, this isnt the original format i just typed the basic ideas cuz i didnt feel like typing the whole thing just for this site

You said it was for school right? Unless you didn't save it or you hand wrote it, you could have just done some copy and pasting.

Wolkkkk
June 5th, 2009, 03:11 AM
http://thesilverplatter.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/jesusdino.jpg
http://www.googoobutt.com/greasytaint/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/jesus-dinosaur.jpg
- Pictures explain everything you need to know about religion.

Just have a little faith. ...or not.

"because i realy like the bible i think it is a good book with good moral standards and metaphors."
Umm. What? Don`t lie that´s a sin.
http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/donald_morgan/atrocity.html

Wolkkkk
June 5th, 2009, 03:15 AM
http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/donald_morgan/flaws.html

Wolkkkk
June 5th, 2009, 03:18 AM
This was actually the funniest thing to read
http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/donald_morgan/inconsistencies.html

Dr_gonzo33
June 5th, 2009, 05:00 PM
You said it was for school right? Unless you didn't save it or you hand wrote it, you could have just done some copy and pasting.

hand written

fåSjåPåFETTAdi
August 7th, 2009, 02:37 AM
That's not even an essay, it's barely past a paragraph.

hdeuce
August 7th, 2009, 04:56 AM
Lol man. I wrote with less run-on sentences, and better punctuation when I was in second grade. You seriously need some writing lessons, time to start staying after. Also, while you're staying after school for help with that, try to discuss theism with the good ol' professor, because you have no clue about it. Time for you to start smoking weed and taking auto tech because an intellectual career isn't in your cards.

h i extremis
August 19th, 2009, 09:34 PM
ok about the first post on page 1.... the whole "what is religion, i dont follow it" aproach isnt as stupid as it sounds. and another thing i'd like to point out that if everyone considered it would probably answer many questions about life.... life is an accident, a fluke, so there is no 'why?", the question is not why. its a question of "why not?" like ive said in my other posts.

by the way who the fuck honestly cares about grammar in a random ass group of anarchists of all people? grammar and languages in general are as made up as any religion (though admittedly far more useful)

Anders
September 26th, 2009, 06:48 AM

One of the funniest things I have ever read... Kinda makes "God" seem a little slow...

yummycars321
December 13th, 2009, 03:16 AM

I SALUTE YOU! I've been looking for lists of errors and absurdities like this for a while. Thank you