PDA

View Full Version : Lock Picking

AvengedX7
November 2nd, 2008, 10:56 AM
So I recently just bought a 9 piece lock pick set and can easily pick master locks and my front door in about 10 seconds. I would like to steal valuable objects from stores or nearly anywhere. Is there any ideas/tips or any insight anyone would like to share with me.

Dak
November 2nd, 2008, 11:29 AM
haha yeah first and foremost stores wont have shit master locks and kwikset deadbolts. They will have medeco deadbolts and best brand locks. Medeco's are above your ability if you just started. They have pins that have to be lifted to the correct height and turned to the correct position to remove the obstructing sidebar. On top of that every top pin in medecos are normally serrated. Best Brand locks are mostly serrated and spool pins. If you don't know what these terms mean then I dont reccomend you go and try to steal from stores.

I reccomend you practice a little more and maybe buy some locks with security pins, but if you find a store with cheap locks on the doors please be my guest.

alp
November 3rd, 2008, 01:32 AM
A crowbar is a better tool for breaking and entering...

Maggotsfriend
November 3rd, 2008, 02:16 AM
Cameras Mother Fucker

Feared One
November 3rd, 2008, 08:46 PM
Say, where did you get the lockpicks, I have been looking for a decient pair for quite a while?

Dak
November 3rd, 2008, 10:11 PM
www.southord.com

AvengedX7
November 4th, 2008, 10:45 AM
haha lockpicks.com but southord is good too

Badminton4Life
November 9th, 2008, 02:05 AM
ive had my lockpicking set for about a year now. when i first got it i attempted to pick my house locks alot and it took me about 1-3 hours to pick my locks and this went on for about 3 months until i just said fuck it id rather actually "break" in. and what sucks the most is i cant even use the hook pick i scraped with the ball pick. which reminds me of a robbery that happened at a local game store. the theives had kicked in the glass door and stole everything but the Wii shit and i remember actually witnessing this and they werent exactly quick. Anyways im just saying it would probably be easier to just break something.

Pactum
December 20th, 2008, 01:38 PM
screw stealing.
break into a friends house and scare the shit out of him!!

obama_binladen
December 20th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Whats the best way to pick something without going and buying a set?

Maggotsfriend
December 20th, 2008, 10:47 PM
O look a gun!

Or freon you fucking toss pot.

Shanx
December 21st, 2008, 11:11 AM
Lol to pick the locks that your picking, you could make the lock picks with a little a little friend called youtube. It couldnt be easier and i dont see why you'd go out and buy one. Although i have seen Auto-matic lock picks thats go for around 50$. you could try picking up one of those if you had the extra cash.

OffTheHeeeezayyy
December 21st, 2008, 01:18 PM
I know this seems a little stupid, but I saw somewhere that you could pick a basic house lock with a bobby pin and a screw driver. Seems like a possibility, I'm wondering if any of you know if it works or not.

Dak
December 21st, 2008, 07:31 PM
it doesnt work.

and the "automatic" picks are actually just pick guns that rapidly strike the pins of a pin tumbler lock much like a bump key. all in all they are good for low security locks but not much else.

to be brutally honest i can pick most pin tumblers faster then i can use a pick gun.

picking locks isnt something you can learn overnight. If you plan to use lockpicking in any "heists" i reccomend you practice..... a lot.

Maggotsfriend
December 21st, 2008, 11:53 PM
Its like sex!

OffTheHeeeezayyy
December 22nd, 2008, 09:18 AM
Picking locks is nothing like sex...
Unless you have sex having to do with doorknobs and lock picks... then that's just really kinky. ;)

Maggotsfriend
December 22nd, 2008, 01:39 PM
isnt something you can learn overnight

i reccomend you practice..... a lot.

Lol just lol

Maggotsfriend
December 22nd, 2008, 01:41 PM
isnt something you can learn overnight

i reccomend you practice..... a lot.

Lol just lol

twenglish1
December 22nd, 2008, 06:10 PM
I know this seems a little stupid, but I saw somewhere that you could pick a basic house lock with a bobby pin and a screw driver. Seems like a possibility, I'm wondering if any of you know if it works or not.

i have done it was a paper clip and a screw driver, it worked, but took a shit load of time

OffTheHeeeezayyy
December 22nd, 2008, 08:18 PM
Maggots... I don't know about you but I made the girl moan like hell my first time, no practice ;)

And yeah I've use a coat hanger before to pick a lock but it took a long time too.

Dak
December 23rd, 2008, 07:31 AM
Bullshit

the only way you could have picked a lock with only a coat hanger is if it was a warded lock that was considerably small. Warded door locks have levers that take considerable force to move as well as the lever inside the must be lifted in order for the bolt to be moved aside. A coat hanger would probably just be mangled in the process of fucking with the lock.

to pick any other lock you need two tools one to turn the lock and one to set the pins, discs, wards etc.

OffTheHeeeezayyy
December 23rd, 2008, 10:14 AM
Well, it was the lock on my bedroom door which a real simple one, not even a key hole. It's just a small circular hole, and on the other side you push in and turn to lock it.
I've used a coat hanger somehow to get through that, and my aunt used a coat hanger on that to bust into my room and catch me tokin' up... damn locks :(

Dak
December 23rd, 2008, 04:22 PM
oh my apologies. yes those locks can be open with a coat hanger. I dont really consider those locks though :P

OffTheHeeeezayyy
December 23rd, 2008, 09:27 PM
Haha yeah it's all good, they're pussy locks. But they keep my family out when I'm trying to do something illegal on my desk.

twenglish1
December 23rd, 2008, 10:42 PM
like dak those aren't really locks, i have one on my bathroom and if you lock it and turn the knob back and forth quickly it will open

AvengedX7
December 24th, 2008, 12:37 AM
Speaking of Lockpicking... So i'm decent at it. I'm trying to pick this girls locker to get the Ipod touch inside. She has a Brinks Home Security lock so its a little harder. Anyways my question is... Are Ipod Touch's trackable???

Dak
December 24th, 2008, 07:29 AM
I believe that would be a question for teh hacking department ;)

revelationx29a
January 5th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Yes it is possible to track it via programs like GadgetTrak but that's easily bypassed by reformatting the entire thing once you get it. GadgetTrak works by adding additional files to the device, which are easily removed in the reformatting process.

As for lock picking a Brinks, they like to include spools in every deadbolt/padlock. A bit tricky but over lifting the pins and minimal tension will allow you defeat the locks and avoid any false sets.

Good luck. There are plenty of resources on the web to help you increase your proficiency and learn as much as you'll ever need. I put together a small list of introductory sources for beginner lock pickers (found here (http://www.revelationx29a.com/showthread.php?t=43)).

Other than that, if you have questions feel free to ask. I'm all for helping beginners, we're all beginners at one point, after all.

sneakyman2
January 9th, 2009, 10:42 PM
hey im kinda new here and i wanted to ask how do you know which picks to use?
like with all the different types, do just have to memorize where everything goes?

revelationx29a
January 11th, 2009, 12:28 PM
like with all the different types, do just have to memorize where everything goes?

There are some general guidelines but a majority of it is preference. It's all developed through experience.

Knyfeboy
February 3rd, 2009, 09:25 PM
exactly. once you become proficient and start to learn the lock types, you can tell what the lock is going to need based on the internal components of the lock. all about experience.

buzzer
March 3rd, 2009, 01:36 AM
can anyone own a lockpick or you need to have a locksmith business/permit?

twenglish1
March 3rd, 2009, 06:08 AM
i think you can just own one

Knyfeboy
March 3rd, 2009, 05:04 PM
well they are considered burglary tools so you do need to obtain a registration to be a licensed locksmith...then again you can buy them online with no proof of registration. so basicly...its not illegal unless you get caught

twenglish1
March 3rd, 2009, 05:08 PM
no they are not illegal, if you get caught with them they can't charge you or anything unless you get caught actually picking someones lock

rsdbaby
March 11th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Call the cops and ask them. It varies from state to state really. Most states do have a "Possession of Burglary Tools" law in the books but few actually enforce it. If you do get caught with them then the cops will probably come pick you up every time someone uses a lock pick to rob a building. Just dont have them out in the open and you should be fine though, unless you draw attention to yourself the chances of them randomly searching you is effectively zero.

jollyGRNgiant
April 27th, 2009, 11:20 PM
im new to picking and i have been trying to learn the different kinds of lock and tricks to picking. i was wondering if you guys had any tips on where i could find more info. weather online or in book or dvds

drsteeze
May 5th, 2009, 04:34 PM

well, i have a lock pick set myself and have been doing "business" for about 2 years, Lock picking can go two ways you can ether LEARN or stick a rake in there wiggle it about and hope for it to open, about 60% of the time it will open that way, but its also just as easy to look into the lock with a small LED and see the pins and lift each one the way its really done, Hope that helps to answer your question

jollyGRNgiant
May 5th, 2009, 10:11 PM
thanks! that does help a bit. so i just need to practice alot more with the legit picking?

drsteeze
May 5th, 2009, 10:17 PM
yeah, i practiced on Master 40 locks, once you get those down to were you can do it in a matter of seconds, then move up to Normal door locks get those down perfect and then just work on the dead Bolts, i don't have any fancy picks all i have is a Rake a hook and a ball rake and something else i forgot, but i use the hook to get a few up then i get out the rake and rake it around a bit and Presto opened. you can PM me and ill help you out and show you some helpful vids and what not. also What exactly are you trying to get into/Accomplish PM me and we'll talk about that as well.